“we” or “us”) with respect to your information including what information it collects, how
it is used, stored, disclosed and how it is processed. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO
THIS POLICY AS PART OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE. BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU ACCEPT THIS POLICY.
Trailr may change this Policy at any time by updating the Policy posted on the Site, showing the new version date at the top of the page. Your continued use of the Service after the new version of the Policy is posted constitutes your acceptance of the new Policy.
What Personal Information is collected and how?
To provide the Service, we collect Personal Information about you that can
be used to identify you as an individual, including your name, email
address, IP address, phone number, your mailing address, likes and dislikes
you provide to the Service, messages you send to others through the Service,
messages with us, and GPS location information if you are logged in. The
photos and videos you provide of yourself to the Service may also disclose
Personal Information about you. You agree that Trailr may make your photos
and video available to your matches within the Service.
To process payments, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and payment information like credit or debit card information and associated account information.
The Service is only for members who are 18 years old or older (or the age of majority in the applicable jurisdiction). Any information we receive from users we believe to be under the age of 18 will be purged from our database.
How are cookies used?
“Cookies” are small files which might be stored on your computer or mobile device and are
optimize our Site and analyze Site traffic and Service use, including how you access and use
the Service. We collect your IP address, internet service provider, device information (such
as your mobile device ID, manufacturer, and model), version information, and operating
system type. We do not use this type of information to identify you but rather aggregate it
to analyze Service use, and gather demographic information to tailor the Service and display
content according to preferences.
- Necessary Cookies - these mandatory Cookies are needed for our websites to function properly.
- Functional Cookies - these Cookies add additional functionality to our websites.
- Performance Cookies - these Cookies support analytic services that help us to improve our website’s functionality and user experience.
- Interest Cookies - these Cookies can be applied to collect insights to issue personalized content and advertising on our and other websites.
How is Personal Information used?
We use your Personal Information to provide the Service to you and improve it,
display the public parts of your Service profile, provide member support,
communicate with you, conduct market research, investigate and respond to potential
or actual claims of criminal or prohibited behavior, comply with and enforce legal
requirements, and for any other purpose with your consent. Lawfulness of the
processing is one of the main principles relating to processing of your Personal
Information - we apply the following legal processing grounds:
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests like improving the quality of library services and the Service.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations or that is otherwise lawful under applicable data protection laws.
- You have given consent
How is Personal Information shared?
To be able to provide the Service and improve our operations, we may share certain
internally or with selected third parties, subject to confidentiality agreements. There
might also be a certain statutory or legal obligation that we believe in good faith requires
us to disclose your Personal Information externally. Parties we might share data with
our service providers, e.g., for managing or hosting services and/or underpinning technology
for the Service.
Whenever we share Personal Information internally or with third parties, we have appropriate safeguards in place in accordance with applicable data protection laws. As required under applicable law, third parties are required to use appropriate safeguards to protect Personal Information and they can only access Personal Information that is necessary for performing their specific tasks.
As part of the Service, we will share your profile information to your matches in the Service. The photos and videos that you post in the Service will also be available to the other members with whom you have matched, but we do not share you contact information with your matches.
How long do you keep Personal Information?
We store your Personal Information while you are a member of the Service and for one year after your membership ends.
How do you protect Personal Information?
What rights do I have with my Personal Information?
Your rights include the following:
- Right of access (‘an overview of your Personal Information’): the right to get an overview of your Personal Information that we process.
- Right to rectification (‘correct your Personal Information’): if your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, the right to ask us to rectify or complete your Personal Information.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): the right to request that we delete your Personal Information to the extent permitted by applicable law. In certain circumstances, it may not be possible for us to accept your request, for example, when the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or if processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- Right to data portability (‘transfer your Personal Information’): the right to ask us to transfer your Personal Information directly to you. This applies to certain Personal Information if processed by automated means and with your consent or based on a contract you have with us. On your request, and where technically feasible, we will transfer your Personal Information to another party of your choice.
- Right to restrict processing: the right to request that we restrict or stop the processing of your Personal Information held by us for a certain period of time, or for an indefinite period. In certain circumstances, it may not be possible for us to accept your request, for example, when the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds otherwise.
- Right to object: the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information. The reasons for objection should relate to your particular situation, and be related to a processing based on the legitimate interest condition. We will then no longer process the Personal Information, unless we can demonstrate compelling reasons otherwise. In certain circumstances you have the unconditional right to object; for instance, in the context of direct marketing activities.
- Withdrawal of Consent: the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time; for instance, after you consented to keeping you informed about the Service, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
To exercise your rights and/or for any other questions about the handling of your Personal Information, please see the “How you can contact us” section below.
Links to other websites
Our Site and the Service may contain links to external third-party websites, which may have privacy notices that differ from ours. We are not responsible for the collection, processing or disclosure of Personal Information collected through other websites. We are also not responsible for any information or content contained on such websites. Links to other websites are provided solely for convenience. Your usage and browsing on any such website is subject to that website’s own policies. Please review the privacy notices posted on other websites that you may access through our website.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about how we process your Personal Information or if you
want to exercise one of your rights, you can contact us by emailing
email@example.com. In response to a request, we might ask you to verify your
identity if needed, and to provide information that helps us to understand your
request better. If we do not grant your request, whether in whole or in part, we
will explain why. If you are a member and specifically if you are a California
consumer, you may specifically request (1) to know what Personal Information was
collected, used or disclosed to third parties within the previous 12 month; and (2)
to delete your Personal Information from the Service. To submit these requests, fill
out the online form at this link or send us the request by mail to Trailr, LLC, 869
E. Schaumburg Rd. Ste. 222 Schaumburg, IL 60194, “request to know” or “request or
If you are a California consumer, you can request an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf if the agent is a natural person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State and you sign a written declaration that you authorize the agent to act on your behalf. If you want to use an agent, please mail your declaration, certified by a California notary public, to this address: 869 E. Schaumburg Rd. Ste. 222 Schaumburg, IL 60194, and provide any information we request so that we can verify your identity.
No Sale of Personal Information
We have not sold any Personal Information of a California resident in the past 12 months and we will not do so in the future. We have not and will not sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization. California residents also have the right to request that we limit or stop the “selling” (broadly defined to include some types of sharing) of their Personal Information under certain circumstances. However, we do not engage in selling Personal Information.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 22nd December 2020.